Sunday 6 January 2008

The pestilence is an ongoing fight

The saw fly larvae are still there after last week ,attacking my tree and today I stood and contemplated whether in this dreadful weather (high winds and heavy rain ) I should get up on the ladder and do a thorough job of their removal. If I don't I'll have to wait another six months for a good crop. I'd been suggesting to others at work they may get a feed so up it I go.I've never been keen on heights but I'm keen on eating.

This weather is a good excuse to sew and not mow. I admit and my sewing friend would acknowledge that
I am the slowest sewer we know. Not that we know many , sewers are rarer creatures now than in the past.
I'd rather draft it than sew, but when I begin to see the garment come together I gain enough discipline and encouragement to keep going.

1 comment:

Ganeida said...

Argh! Send Libby up the tree; she's the one with a head for heights. Which reminds me, I must check our lone 2 lonesome figs & see if we still have them after the past week.