Monday 28 January 2019


It's very hot here , the temperature at night is no lower than 23 degrees celsius at night
Fans going almost 24/7 but the plants in the poly houses are doing well.
I'm doing what I can to make sure the highlander and intermediate plants become cool for a
enough time to keep them healthy.
A couple of the highland plants I can grow in these conditions with cold filtered  fridge water twice a day in a poly house are nepenthes lavicola (cutting)growing from 2000-2600 m and  nepenthes  chaniana.(clone) which  grows between 1100-1800. I just love the yellow of the chaniana and it is so hirsute, which usually means it doesn't require too much water and I only spray it twice a day.
I've found giving them cold water that it interestingly causes lower dormant buds to sprout .
The beautiful lavicola pitcher , a gorgeous contrast ,( the purple and yellow) comes from a bud
that sprouted when I began giving the plant cold water. 

 

nepenthes lavicola
nepenthes chaniana

No comments: