Monday 2 April 2018

Behaviour of my nepenthes ampullaria

Does anyone else have this problem , I have a large nep ampullaria
that if I get too close to it, and my poly house isn't very large and I'm watering
I'll soon find I'll have to untangle myself from it's leaves.
This picture is from a year ago. I was giving them a good water as usual that day and
I hadn't kept my distance and its hard to avoid, but I had a camera at close range.
I'm always concerned that I'll damage it , accidentally rip it out the pot etc.
I think I remember being told that they have a basic sensor at the tip of the leave
for light and dark.  I've had other incidents where walking past with a pot in hand
past another  nepenthes suddenly it's leaf is wrapped around the plant I'm carrying,
(I'm not kidding.) ripping a pitcher off because it's being pulled away.






No comments: